Friday, October 17, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Okay, I'm a sucker for a Midnight Milky Way, I confess. However, I won't be at your door asking for one, but there might be a few dozen ghosts, witches and vampires knocking on your door in about 2 weeks looking for mini Milky Ways, Snickers, licorice and the like.

The official Trick or Treat hours for Sterling and Rock Falls will be 4:30-7:00p, on Friday October 31st.

Safety Tips

• Wear light colored clothing & reflective material

• Make sure face masks do not impair vision

• Accompany your children

• Go out in the daylight

• Carry a flashlight

• Watch for traffic

• Stay in your neighborhood and only visit homes you know

• Only give or accept wrapped or packaged candy

• Examine your child’s candy before they eat it

• Drivers slow to 5mph under the speed limit!