Friday, October 31, 2008

Falling behind!

I let a week slip by without updating. It's certainly been an interesting week at that. One of the most fascinating moments of the week was sitting down with foreign visitors that came through the Rock River International Fellowship program. Heather Sotelo, Betty Steinart and I had the privilege of sitting down with people from across the Middle East to discuss economic development. The visitors ranged from Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Tunisia, Bahrain, Jordan and points beyond. They were all great people to meet with and share information with.

And as we head to November, I encourage everyone to get out and vote... once. I don't think I have to clarify that this far out from Chicago, but you never know. At least I didn't ask that you leave your dead relatives at home. I don't believe in the argument that your one vote doesn't matter. Just knowing that people care enough to vote sends a message to elected officials that they're accountable and people care enough to monitor what is happening.

Enjoy this fantastic fall weather!!!